New Alumni Directory FAQ’s – PCI Inc.
Frequently Asked Questions By Alumni
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Penn Alumni Association. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX and Chesapeake, VA that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Penn Alumni Association to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Penn Alumni Association has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI byPenn Alumni Association for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
- b. The Directory will be made available only to alumni ofPenn Alumni Association. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return toPenn Alumni Association any and all electronic files that have been supplied toPenn Alumni Association or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Penn Alumni Association project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
ThePenn Alumni Association Alumni Directory Publication is available for sale only toPenn Alumni Association alumni.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months.
6. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.982.1590) or to the Institution.
7. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.982.1590, and they will take care of this for you.